Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day past and now!!

I think everyone has some fond memories of valentine's day pasts....and some that may hurt. I do remember keeping score to see if I got a valentine from EVERYONE in class!!! I would take it so personal if someone missed giving me one!  After all, we were suppose to make one for everyone. I remember throwing the ones from the stinky boys away.... and searching each one from that one special boy I liked at the time.  Most of them we hand made... or they looked something like this:


And sending valentines was a HUGE ordeal!!!  You had to chose very careful which ones went to who!  Boys got neutral ones.  They used to come in a book which you would cut out the valentine.
And we had to make our own pouch... with construction paper usually cut into a heart and decorated by us!!!  Then we would tape it to the front of our desk.  All of us would run around and put the cards in each persons pouch.  We would have a sweet snack and drink and then open our pouches.  I always loved the ones from the teachers! It meant approval in my little mind. ;D

In high school the ASB sold carnations and girls would proudly walk around with one they had received from a boy.  I was always jealous because I never had a boyfriend in February!!! Until my Senior year and I finally got to have my flower for the day.... and I carried it so happily!!!  I loved my flower and vowed to keep it forever.  I still love carnations to this day!

I loved watching the kids come home with their valentines and show me which ones they got from who and explain who these kids were!  It was always fun!  So emotional... happy, mad, teasing each other, and never know if you're really getting the full story behind their eyes.  Two years ago I got to do it again with Maddie! It had been so many years and I still enjoyed each valentine she opened!!!





I still love valentines day.  I love to tell others I love them anyway... this gives me a reason to say it without them questioning why!!!!  The main reason I love it now is because I have the best valentine who is my forever love and valentine!!!!!

No comments:

Stroll down memory lane with me! It is so fun!

Stroll down memory lane with me! It is so fun!
Stroll down memory lane with me! It is so fun!